Birth & Death Certificates
|Birth & Death Certificates Fees
|Issued Same Day (per name) if requested by 3:30 p.m.
|Next Day (pick-up ONLY; please bring your receipt)
|Mailing Fee (per address) - Regular Mail
|Mailing Fee (per address) - Priority/Express Mail
|Correction Replacement Copy Fee (per record) English/Spanish
|Search Fee (per certificate) when no record is issued 70.58.107
Certified copies of birth certificates are available at the Yakima Health District Monday through Friday, between 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and 1:30-4:30 p.m. We ONLY provide certificates for Washington State births from 1919 to the present. The cost is $20 each. There are additional fees for same day service and mail requests. Same Day requests made after 3:30 p.m. will not be issued the same day, the record will be issued the next day for $20 instead of the $30 same day rate.
- Birth Certificate Application (PDF) - Available for Washington State births between 1921 and present
- Birth Certificate Form (Spanish) (PDF) - Disponible para los nacimientos del estado de Washington entre 1921 y presente
Death Certificates for Yakima County deaths from 1980 to the present are also available.
- Death Certificate Application (PDF) - Available for Yakima County deaths 1980 to present
- Death Certificate Application (Spanish) (PDF) - Disponible para las muertes del Condado de Yakima 1980 a presente
Veteran Record RequestsPer the Washington State VA Record Request Policy, one of the following document types are required for our Vital Records Office to issue a VA record at the VA rate.
- A letter from the VA on official letterhead with claimants name and eligibility for VA benefits or,
- DD214 for decedent that shows honorable discharge from military service and a completed certificate order form that contains all the required information.
Instructions For Funeral Homes/Next of Kin (only) to retrieve VA DD214 Records, visit National Archives and fill out the Request Pertaining to Military Records form. This form must be signed by the next of kin. Complete the Statement of Death for Funeral Home Director and fax it to the National Archives urgent fax line (314) 801-0764. Make the fax to ATTN: URGENT BURIAL, and include the date and time the information is needed by, if it's less than 72 business hours from the time you're sending the request.
Please download and complete the forms above. Submit the completed application via one of the following methods. Submissions are not effective until your payment has been processed.
Fax to: 509-249-6605
Birth Certificates email to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Death Certificates email to:email@example.com
For Funeral Homes (only) email to: YHDVitalRecords@co.yakima.wa.us.
Mail: For mailed applications, please include a check/money order with the appropriate fee with your application and address to,
Yakima Health District
Attn: Vital Records
1210 Ahtanum Ridge Drive
Union Gap, WA 98903
Check/Money Order: Please mail to the address above
Cash: Only accepted at the counter during our normal business hours
Credit Cards: We can process your payment over the phone at 509-249-6538 or 800-535-5016, ext. 538. A 4% convenience fee will be added to your credit transaction.