News Flash


Posted on: March 8, 2019

Motorist Advisory -- Enforcement of Oversize Vehicles Permit Requirements in effect

From Yakima County FAQs
A permit is required for the movement of all the following, on Yakima County Roads:

  • Manufactured Home – for manufactured homes
  • Equipment Moving – for heavy equipment/loads such as dozers, large tractors, etc.
  • Structures – for large objects house moves, large sheds etc.
  • Military – for all military moves

Please review the Special Motor Vehicle Checklist for all requirements. To request a permit, please call Yakima County Public Services 509-574-2300.  

Please submit the completed application to Kendra Dorais, fax 509-574-2301, direct line 509-574-2302

Special Motor Vehicle Checklist (PDF)

Facebook Twitter Email