NEWS / Operations Updates re Covid-19
Notice: If you are feeling ill you should not enter the courthouse or courtrooms. (Such as a fever, cough, shortness of breath.) Please review the daily posting of Court Calendars to determine if your Hearing is still being held In-Person. Many Court Hearings are changing daily, so please check before you go to the Courthouse / Jail. Some matters will require / allow you to only appear by telephone / telephonically.
- Appear ‘telephonically’ for your Court Hearing:
- Domestic Relations and Paternity:
- Civil Motion and Hearings: Phone Numbers and Instructions.
- Paternity / Child Support Division matters / Tuesday AM: - Instructions to appear by telephone - English & Spanish.
The Washington State Supreme Court has issued Order Number 25700-B-606 regarding Court operations for the time specified in the Order. Yakima Superior Court will operate pursuant to this Order.
All civil and criminal jury trials are suspended until April 24, 2020. You do not need to call or report in. If you have received a Jury Summons, please complete it and mail it back to our office as directed on the form.
Until further notice, the Clerk’s Office remains open. Please limit your in-person visits to only those items you are not able to do through the Clerk’s website, telephone, Odyssey Portal. mail or AMS (for legal offices).
Services you can do either by Mail or On-Line:
- Copy Requests (paper and court hearings)
- Restitution Payments
- To make a payment on a court fine online please select this link: https://www.yakimacounty.us/157/Payments-Restitution
- Obtaining Forms
- File New Cases
- Protection Order requests (Please obtain your forms from the website. Complete them prior to going to the Courthouse.) Please read the guidelines carefully to determine which type of paperwork you should fill out.
- If you have questions, please telephone 574-1430.
The Clerk’s Office will be assisting people in-person at in our office. However we will be limiting the number of people we allow to approach the public counter all at once. This is to comply with the Center for Disease Control (CDC) which recommends limiting the gathering of 10 or more people. We encourage friends / support people / parties not directly involved in your case, and non-litigants to remain in the public hallway and not enter the Clerk’s Office.
- Rescheduling your hearing(s).
- Submit matters Ex-parte by mail (or AMS for law offices) when those services are available.
- If you have an attorney, please telephone your attorney for questions regarding your future Court Hearings or for “Filing” pleadings in your case. Please do not go in-person to their office, unless your attorney has specifically requested you do so.
- Please (frequently) check the Superior Court Website for any updates to Court Sessions / Court Calendars.
- Please check the Court Facilitator’s Website for any updates.
- Information for Yakima County District Court: https://www.yakimacounty.us/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=335
The Clerk’s Office will make every effort to update this page as quickly as we have information regarding the temporary measures the Court is making to ensure everyone’s well being during the Covid-19 pandemic.