Court Participant Information
Yakima County Superior Court is utilizing the Zoom (Zoom options are only upon approval by the judge) platform for conducting court sessions and settlement conferences. While the Yakima County Courthouse remains open to the public participants are encouraged to appear in Court via Zoom by either the telephone or video options unless it is impossible to do so.
All participants are reminded you are appearing in a virtual courtroom. Your demeanor and your surroundings should reflect the serious nature of court proceedings. There is no lessening of appearance standards, especially for Officers of the Court (attorneys, interpreters, guardians ad litem, etc.). This, of course, also applies to the bench.
- All proceedings are recorded on FTR which is still considered the official record of the court.
- If on the phone, use *6 to mute/unmute your audio.
- Parties should mute and turn video off when their matter is not being heard.
- If you are late joining and miss the Judge’s calling of the calendar, please remain quiet until the case is called or until the Judge polls the courtroom again.
- You may be placed in a Zoom "waiting room" until admitted into the proceedings by the Judge or Court Staff. Remain in the waiting room. We are aware of your presence and will admit you when ready.
Trials, departmental calendars, and special set hearings will be assigned Zoom information on a case specific basis. As always, courtroom/Zoom assignments will be posted to the website by the end of business the day prior to the hearing. Please refer to the Master Calendar. If you are unable to locate the Zoom information by 8:00 AM on the date of your hearing please contact the Court Administrator’s Office at the numbers below for assistance.
NEED HELP USING ZOOM? If you have any problems using Zoom, please contact the Court Administrator’s Office at (509) 574-2710 or (509) 574-2703.