Mobile Food Trucks

Opening a Mobile Food Unit (Food Trucks)

A license must be obtained from the Yakima Health District to operate any mobile food service units in Yakima County. To apply for a New Mobile Food Unit (i.e. food truck), complete and submit all the required documents as described in the guide below. Payment is required at the time of application submission. 

Due the limited space and capacity of mobile food units, a commissary kitchen is required for preparation and storage of food products and the mobile unit by the WA State Retail Food Code. See the "Applying for a New Mobile Unit Guide" below for information on commissary kitchen requirements.

Some mobile units must be inspected by WA Dept. of Labor & Industries to obtain food license, visit their website for information. Be sure to also research "Subpart 9" on page 111 of the WA State Retail Food Code to learn about the requirements specific to mobile food units in Washington State.

Completed applications may be submitted in person or by mail at Yakima Health District, 1210 Ahtanum Ridge Dr., Union Gap, WA 98903.

Applying for a New Mobile Unit Guide
Mobile Unit Plan Review Packet (Eng/Sp)

Food and Beverage License Application/Renewal