Groundwater Management Area
The purpose of the Groundwater Management Area is to reduce the nitrate contamination concentrations in groundwater below state drinking water standards.
GWMA Program Findings
GWMA Program Edits List
Response to Comments
Sunnyside Division Board of Control Concurrence Letter
Yakima Health District Concurrence Letter
South Yakima Conservation Concurrence Letter
- YKM County Nov GWMA Program Volume I
- YKM County Nov GWMA Program Volume II
- Sources of Nitrates and the Regulatory Environment Draft VS Released to GWAC 03.01.2018
- Program References Draft Version 2 Released to GWAC 03.01.2018
- Environmental Effects Draft Version 2 Released to GWAC 03.01.2018
- Appendices A B C D E Draft Version 2 Released to the GWAC 03.01.2018
- Characterization of the Area Draft Version 2 Released to GWAC 03.01.2018
- Volume II 8-2-2018
- Volume I 8-2-2018
Learn about nitrates, where the Lower Valley Ground Water Management Area (GWMA) is located and view frequently asked questions.
Learn about the members of the Lower Valley Groundwater Advisory Committee (GWAC) and see general information about the meetings.
Learn about the various work groups and the work they are doing to address nitrates in the groundwater.
Learn about the history of the Lower Valley Groundwater Management Area and view various articles, reports, and research.
May 19, 2016 Inspire Health Fair