Yakima County WA Homepage
Can I ask for college support (post-secondary support)?
Yes, provided your order allows you to do so. However, you must file a petition before the child graduates from high school or turns 18, depending on the language on your Order of Child Support. You will need to supply the court with information concerning your child’s high school grades, college to be attended, and financial aid received.

Show All Answers

1. Do I need an attorney?
2. How often can I modify my child support order?
3. What is the basis for child support modification?
4. If the paying parent has another biological child, is that a basis for modification?
5. If either parent remarries, is that a basis for modification?
6. What if the paying parent is unemployed or going to college full time?
7. What if the other party does not agree with my request?
8. Can I change the amount of back support I owe?
9. Can I ask for college support (post-secondary support)?
10. Will my support obligation change when I file the petition?
11. Do I have to notify the Prosecutor’s Office about my request?
12. Do I have to go to court?
Government Websites by CivicPlus®
Arrow Left Arrow Right
Slideshow Left Arrow Slideshow Right Arrow