Yakima County WA Homepage
Do I have to go to court?
If either parent contests your request for custody, you will have to go to court. You may have several court hearings.

Show All Answers

1. Do I need an attorney?
2. What is the basis of non-parental custody?
3. Will the court check my background?
4. Will the judge speak with the children?
5. Do I have to notify both parents about my request for custody?
6. What if I cannot find one or both of the parents?
7. What if I don’t know the father’s name or address?
8. Can I get an emergency custody order?
9. How long does it take to obtain permanent custody?
10. Do I have to go to court?
Government Websites by CivicPlus®
Arrow Left Arrow Right
Slideshow Left Arrow Slideshow Right Arrow