My project requires me to work within County right-of-way. What do I need to do?
Any private work being performed within Yakima County right of way requires a Right-of-Way Use Permit. In most cases, the applicant or their contractor must provide a Traffic Control Plan that describes appropriate warning signage for motorist and other travelers through the work area.

A utility franchise may also be required. Depending on the issue in question, you may be directed to a specific department staff person to answer your road project question. Technical, engineering, or managerial staff will respond to your inquiry as quickly as possible, contact them at 509-574-2300.Forms and Applications

Show All Answers

1. I want my road to be striped. It is paved, but there is no paint line. How do I go about getting this done?
2. Can I get a second driveway to my property?
3. Can I plant trees in front of my house?
4. How can I get information on subdivision X?
5. How do I build my road approach?
6. How do I get an address for my property?
7. How do I name my road?
8. I have a property that I would like to access to a County road. What do I do?
9. I lost my address plate. Where do I get a new one?
10. I need a franchise, and what is it?
11. I want to get access from my property to a state highway / city street, how do I do that?
12. I would like to get a petition for a speed limit or stop sign, how do I do that?
13. Is this where I get an event permit that involves a County Road (bicycle race, run, etc.)?
14. I need to move an overweight and/or oversized vehicle, house, manufactured home, or large shed on County roads. Do I need a permit?
15. I'd like to get traffic counts for my road, how do I do that?
16. My neighbor and I are having a dispute about my access easement. Can you help me?
17. My neighbor is blocking an easement, what do I do?
18. My project requires me to work within County right-of-way. What do I need to do?
19. What are the County's development standards?
20. What do I do if I find traffic control, a signal, or other roadside devices inoperable?