Yakima County WA Homepage
How does a road improvement district work?

Road Improvement Districts (RIDs) are a voluntarily-imposed (voted) taxing authority on selected properties to generate revenue for a specific transportation project. In coordination with the County Road Engineer, an RID is placed on a special ballot for affected property owners to approve an assessment on their property taxes dedicated to funding the road project. Inquiries on creating an RID can be directed to the County Road Engineer at 509-574-2300.

Petition for Establishing a CRID

Show All Answers

1. How does the County determine which gravel roads get paved?
2. I need to talk to the Engineer on my road improvement project, how do I contact them?
3. I was told that our gravel road would be paved this year, but nothing has yet happened. Are you still paving our road?
4. Is our company on the County consultant roster?
5. If I have questions regarding consultant agreements, who do I contact?
6. Is there a private company in Yakima County that dust abates private roads?
7. How does a road improvement district work?
8. Why can't my gravel road be paved?
Government Websites by CivicPlus®
Arrow Left Arrow Right
Slideshow Left Arrow Slideshow Right Arrow