Yakima County WA Homepage
Can I get an emergency custody order?
No, the court does not make custody determinations without all parents receiving advance notice that the court may be taking actions regarding where a child should live. In emergency situations, the court can issue an ex-parte restraining order/order to show cause (or other type of restraining order/order of protection) without notice to the parents which may authorize the child to live with you for up to two weeks until a full hearing can be held with all parents participating in the hearing.

Show All Answers

1. Can I get an emergency custody order?
Government Websites by CivicPlus®
Arrow Left Arrow Right
Slideshow Left Arrow Slideshow Right Arrow