What does an "approved water purveyor" mean?

An approved water purveyor is an entity that owns a public water system approved by either:

  • Washington State Department of Health (WSDOH) - "Group A System", or
  • Yakima Health District (YHD) - "Group B System"

Provide a letter from the owner (purveyor) of a Group A or Group B water system that was approved prior to January 1, 2018, that states the water system's ability to provide water to an applicant's project is sufficient evidence of an adequate water supply for an applicant's project. 

An applicant proposing to use a Group A or Group B water system approved after January 1, 2018, must go through an "Adequate Water Supply Review and Determination". 

Other purveyors (not a complete list): Buena Water, Crewport, City of Moxee, Not Hill Water, Parker Water, Terrace Heights Water, City of Toppenish Water, City of Yakima, Zillah Water Systems.

Show All Answers

1. What is YCWRS?
2. How can I obtain a YCWRS domestic well permit?
3. How much does a YCWRS domestic well permit cost?
4. What are the ongoing costs for a YCWRS domestic well permit once I have obtained the permit and installed the meter?
5. Are there any exemptions to the requirement for submitting evidence of adequate water supply?
6. What changed on January 1, 2018?
7. What does "Adequate Water Supply" mean?
8. What is a "Permit Exempt Well" OR "Exempt Well"?
9. What does an "approved water purveyor" mean?
10. What is a "shared well" or "2-party well"?
11. What is a "water supply"?
12. If I have an existing single family residence served by a permit exempt well, do I have to stop using my water or meter my water use?
13. I applied for and received a building permit before January 1, 2018, but I haven't finished building the house. Do I have to meter my well?
14. Can I expand a single family residence served by a permit exempt well?
15. Can I drill a new replacement well for my residence?
16. Do I need to obtain evidence of the legal availability of water before I can drill my well?
17. What happens if I drill a well (or already drilled a well) but have no applied for a building permit to construct my residence?
18. Will I be able to water my lawn and/or have a garden and trees?
19. I have a shared well, but have only built on the one parcel. Do I need to mitigate for the second connection (or ADU - Accessory Dwelling Unit) when the new house is built?
20. I have an existing stock water well. Is that going to be limited by the new regulations?
21. I am planning on subdividing my property. How do the new requirements apply?