YAKIMA, WA – Yakima County’s new drive-up payment facility offers residents a convenient way to pay property taxes. The drive-thru, located on North First Street between Martin Luther King Blvd. and Lincoln Avenue in Yakima, means cash and check payments can now be made from the ease of a vehicle—without stepping foot in the Courthouse.
Yakima County elected officials recently announced the much-anticipated drive-thru with a ribbon cutting. "We look forward to serving our public without them having to come inside the Courthouse,” stated County Treasurer Ilene Thomson. “As first-half property taxes are due April 30, we want to encourage the use of the drive-thru to reduce the foot traffic inside the building,” she continued.
“The drive-thru will be available for all County departments. Other receipting activity will be available at the drive-thru in the future, including the ability to purchase your vehicle license tabs" Treasurer Ilene Thomson.
"Yakima County is fortunate to have had access to Federal CAREs funding to make this project happen. The Treasurer has had this idea for over 20 years. In just five months we went from the planning stage to opening the drive-thru for payments." Commission Chair Ron Anderson.
How it Works
- Enter the drive-thru from North First Street between E. Lincoln Ave. and E. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd (east side of the street).
- Two bays with a video-board indicate open and closed lanes.
- Customers are greeted by a staff member from the County Treasurer's Office on a video screen.
- Visit the drive-thru between 9am-4pm Monday through Friday.
- Cash and checks only
Ways to Pay Property Taxes
- Open Monday through Friday 9am to 4pm
- Access is from N. 1st Street between E. Lincoln Avenue and E. Martin Luther King Blvd. on the east side of the street.
- Cash & Check Only
- Call (866) 888-0989 and use an eCheck, Visa Debit or any major Credit Card
- There is a non-refundable convenience fee
- Drop Box
- Located outside the entrance of the Courthouse and a drive-up box located across from the Courthouse on the north side of E. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
- Treasurer's Office, 1st floor Yakima County Courthouse, 128 N. 2nd St.
- Open Monday through Friday 9am-11:30am and 1pm-4pm