On July 29, 2019, the Department of Ecology granted the request of the Lower Yakima Valley Groundwater Advisory Committee to certify the Lower Yakima Valley Groundwater Management Area Program.
The Program now enters the implementation phase and can be reviewed here.
GWMA Program Findings
GWMA Program Edits List
Response to Comments
Sunnyside Division Board of Control Concurrence Letter
Yakima Health District Concurrence Letter
South Yakima Conservation Concurrence Letter
Yakima County Concurrence Letter
June 20, 2019 Meeting Presentations:
Initial Ambient Monitoring Well Report-June 2019
LYV Groundwater Advisory Committee (GWAC) Approves GWMA Program
On December 13, 2018, the GWAC approved the technically-edited version of the GWMA Program. The GWAC-adopted version can be viewed here:
Volume I-Narrative(adopted by GWAC 12_13_18)
Volume II-Appendices(adopted by GWAC 12_13_18)
Volume III-GWAC Accomplishments(adopted by GWAC 12_13_18)
Volume IV-Member Contributions(adopted by GWAC 12_13_18)
Minority Reports GWMA by Jean Mendoza:
Earlier Drafts Released to the GWAC
- YKM County Nov GWMA Program Volume I
- YKM County Nov GWMA Program Volume II
- Sources of Nitrates and the Regulatory Environment Draft VS Released to GWAC 03.01.2018
- Program References Draft Version 2 Released to GWAC 03.01.2018
- Environmental Effects Draft Version 2 Released to GWAC 03.01.2018
- Appendices A B C D E Draft Version 2 Released to the GWAC 03.01.2018
- Characterization of the Area Draft Version 2 Released to GWAC 03.01.2018
- Volume II 8-2-2018
- Volume I 8-2-2018
Learn about nitrates, where the Lower Valley Ground Water Management Area (GWMA) is located and view frequently asked questions.
Learn about the members of the Lower Valley Groundwater Advisory Committee (GWAC) and see general information about the meetings.
May 19, 2016 Inspire Health Fair
Learn about the history of the Lower Valley Groundwater Management Area and view various articles, reports, and research.
Learn about the various work groups and the work they are doing to address nitrates in the groundwater.