Visiting the Jail
Scheduling Visits with Inmates
Note: Times and tanks are subject to change. Please call for specific visiting days. The scheduling phone line is 509-574-2929 and is open from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. The phone line will be closed on the below listed holidays, as well as weekends. You can also click to inquire via email.
HolidaysNew Years Day
Martin Luther King Jr. Day
Day following Thanksgiving Day
104 N 1st Street
Yakima, WA 98901
- Directly in front of the Jail
- Hours: 8:45 - 10:15 a.m. and 1 - 4:30 p.m. See below for complete times.
- Click to visit an Inmate from anywhere with Securus Video Visitation.
- Click to download the Securus Mobile App.
To schedule a professional visit, please call 509-574-1652 Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Attorneys in order to keep our records up to date and ensure that your phone calls are not recorded, please click to fill out an Attorney Update Form.
- Each Inmate is entitled to 2 30-minute visits per week.
- All public visiting must be scheduled 1 business day in advance of the visit by calling 509-574-2929 Monday through Friday, except Holidays and weekends.
- Visiting days and times will be Monday through Friday only! No holidays or weekend visiting.
Click to access our Inmate look-up tool to check when the Inmate you wish to visit is available.
|2ND FLOOR NORTH UNITS
||MONDAY AND THURSDAY
|2ND FLOOR SOUTH UNITS
||TUESDAY AND FRIDAY
|ANNEX UNITS A,B,C,D, E & F
||MONDAY AND WEDNESDAY
|4th FLOOR UNITS (A-C-D)
||MONDAY AND FRIDAY
|4TH FLOOR UNITS
(B) MALE IMU
|4th FLOOR UNITS (E-F)
||MONDAY AND THURSDAY
|4th FLOOR UNITS (G-H)
||TUESDAY AND FRIDAY
|1st FLOOR VISITS ON 3rd FLOOR
|YCCC PODS A,B,C
Visiting Rules & Regulations
- All visitors must show Proper Identification to visit with an inmate/resident.
- All inmates/resident shall be permitted to visit with members of the public in accordance with the following guidelines:
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian and shall not be left unattended at any time.
- Persons under the age of 18 who are legally married and their spouse is incarcerated, must show documentation of marriage and proper identification to visit the inmate.
- Persons on active probation, parole or other forms of conditional release must obtain the permission of both the individual and/or agency supervising release and the Director of the Yakima County Department of Corrections or his designee prior to being approved to visit.
- Persons shown, by substantial evidence, to constitute a threat to the security of the facility shall be excluded from visiting.
- All inmates in general population are allowed 2 30-minute visits per week.
Number of Visitors
Limitations on the number of visitors who visit are imposed to prevent crowding in the visiting room(s) or to eliminate difficulties in supervising the visit. Each Inmate may have up to 2 visitors per session. Children count as a visitor.
Visitor Entry Into Facility
All visitors shall be required to identify themselves with proper identification. Proper Identification is defined as any valid federal or state issued ID card or passport.
All visitors shall be required to register on the Visitor Registration Form provided for this purpose. Only scheduled visitors may visit. Registration on this form shall require the name and address of the visitor, the relationship of the visitor to the inmate, and date and time of the visit. Visitors shall not enter any areas of the facility except approved routes to and from the visiting areas, and shall not linger in or upon facility property at the conclusion of the visit.
Clothing - All Facilities
In order to maintain a positive environment for all inmates and visitors, a reasonable clothing standard must be established. Visitors are encouraged to wear clothing that is conservative in nature in order to maintain a respectful visiting environment. Some types of clothing are prohibited to maintain the security of the facility:
- Visiting staff will make the determination as to whether your clothing is prohibited and will notify you that attire is unduly suggestive or form fitting
- Arguing with the staff may result in your visit being cancelled
- Clothing that is unduly suggestive and that exposes (i.e., chest, back, midsection, buttocks) is prohibited. Examples of clothing that will be prohibited include, but not limited to:
- Halter tops/dresses
- Tube tops
- See-through clothing
- Sheer fabrics
- Short shorts
- Shirts with low cut/plunging neck lines
- Wrap around skirts and crop tops
- Visitors are required to wear undergarments.
- Clothing, hairstyles, insignias or other paraphernalia associated with security threat groups (i.e., gangs, etc) or that create undue attention or conflict are prohibited. For example:
- Advertisement (i.e. alcohol/drugs) on clothing that are suggestive or controversial statements
- Footwear must be worn
Video Visiting Rules
- Visitation is by appointment only. Visits may be scheduled by calling the scheduling line at 509-574-2929. Visits are scheduled 2 business day in advance of the visit.
- All visits will be run for No Contact Orders. Any visit that would violate a No Contact Order will be canceled.
- Video Visiting is open Monday through Friday and every holiday except for Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. Hours of operation are from 8 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
- A maximum of 2 persons, to include children, are allowed per session. Visitors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian or possess a valid marriage license.
- The parent or legal guardian of a minor child must maintain close supervision of that child before, during and after each visit. Children will never be left unattended for any reason.
- Except by special arrangements, only those visitors who are listed by the inmate may visit.
- All visitors must properly identify themselves upon arriving at the visitation center.
- Visitors must have a government issued photo ID indicating their date of birth.
- All visits are monitored and are subject to recording. Any visitor who damages the Video-Visiting equipment shall be subject to immediate arrest or have criminal charges filed against them at a later date.
- Visitors appearing to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be admitted into the center.
- Proper attire is required at all times. Shoes and shirts must be worn. Appropriate underclothing is required. The following are not allowed:
- Halter or tube type tops
- See-through fabrics
- Short shorts
- Suggestive clothing
- Wallet and car keys only may be taken into the Visitation Center. No other personal effects are allowed such as:
- Cell Phones
- Chewing Gum
- Diaper Bags
- Smoking Materials
- Visitors with small children will be permitted to retain one baby bottle, one diaper, and one blanket per child.
- No cell phones or food or beverages allowed in Video Visiting. Lockers are provided for cell phones.
- Loud talking, excessive emotionalism, or any other type of disruptive behavior will not be permitted in the Visitation Center.
- Rudeness to, or arguing with staff members will not be tolerated.
- If you experience a problem with the audio or video reception during your visit, notify the visitation staff immediately. Do not attempt to adjust the picture or sound yourself.
- Violation of any of the above regulations may result in the termination of the visit and/or suspension of future visitation privileges.