Military & Overseas Voters

If you are in the military, a military spouse or dependent, or if you are living outside of the United States, you have many options for registering to vote and for voting.

Register to Vote

Military and overseas voters do not have regular voter registration deadlines.  You can register to vote and request a ballot up until Election Day.

When you register to vote, make sure to indicate that you are military or living overseas.

You must provide a Washington State residential address.  This address can be your last address in the state or that of a family member.

  • Register onlineif you have a valid Washington State driver’s license or ID
  • Use a printable paper form (PDF)to register
    • Return your paper form:
      •  Email
      • Fax: 509-574-1341
      • Mail:  Yakima County Elections Division
                  PO Box 12570
                  Yakima, WA 98909


You can request a ballot up until Election Day and you can receive and return your ballot by email, fax or mail.  Yakima County also has an online ballot marking program for military and overseas voters.

Ballots for military and overseas voters are available 30 days before a special election and 45 days before a Primary or General Election.

Make sure to read all the instructions carefully to ensure your vote is counted.

Information on candidates and issues on the ballot can be found on the Secretary of State’s website and the Yakima County Elections Division website.

If you have any questions or would like to receive your ballots by email for all elections,email the Elections Divisionor call 800-833-0569.

Federal Voting Assistance Program (FVAP)

FVAP provides voting assistance for Service members, their families and overseas citizens and works to ensure that you are aware of your right to vote and that you have the tools and resources to successfully do so - from anywhere in the world.