Public Information Requests
How to purchase a voter data list
Complete the Voter Data Request Form and return it to the elections division with the appropriate fee. You may email your signed request to; however, payment is due before the order is filled.
- RCW 29A.08.720 - Voter registration data may only be used for political purposes. It may not be used for commercial purposes.
- RCW 42.56.520 - Orders may require up to 5 days fulfillment time.
RCW 29A.08.710 - The following information is available:
- Voter ID number
- Address (residential and mailing)
- Date of birth
- Date of registration
- Date last voted
- Surname designation by request (Spanish/non-Spanish)
No other information from voter registration records is available for public inspection or copying.
Payment is due before the order is filled.
The Auditor's Office is only able to accept cash, check or a money order.
- Data sent via email - $10.50
- Data burned onto a CD - $11.79
- Matchbacks - no charge
- text (comma or tab delimited)
Yakima County has over 100,000 registered voters. Due to the size of the data files, an email request may require receiving several emails with zipped files.
District or Precinct
Voter data files may be requested by a specific jurisdiction (district) or precinct. Depending upon the format requested and your available technology, a countywide voter file may require that it be generated by legislative or commissioner district.
Upon request, voter files can include voting history for all elections (Special, Primary and General) from 2000 - present. Specific elections can also be requested. Each voter's record will include a list of requested elections and an indicator that notes if that particular voter voted in an election.
A matchback file is a list of voters in the current election who have returned a ballot.
Upon request, a matchback file can include only voters who have not yet voted in the current election, or it can include both voted and not voted in the same file.
Your request must specify the dates on which you wish to receive the data.
The same public information as the list of registered voters is available for matchbacks.
To request a statewide voter list, please contact the Secretary of State's Office.
- Election staff cannot disperse political advice or strategy.
- It is your responsibility to know how to use the data in the format provided.
- Corrections or concerns must be brought to our attention within 48 hours of purchase, otherwise all sales are final.
- Data is only current as of the time the file is generated and is subject to change based on normal voter registration activities.