Once you have determined your project goals, date of event, event location, how items will be transported to the landfill, and your event coordinator, please complete the application form on the Yakima County Website click here. Make sure that you complete the form at least 4 weeks prior to the event to allow time for approval and coordination with the landfill for disposal.
When reviewing the acceptable items, please keep in mind that your organization is responsible for loading, hauling, and unloading items. You may consider limiting the accepted items list further for your event or consider partnering with a licensed garbage hauler.
• Household garbage
• Yardwaste, grass clippings, leaves, etc.
• 4 tires per household
• 1 appliance per household
Items NOT accepted:
• No commercial waste or commercial appliances
• No construction or demolition debris
• No concrete
• No cars, car parts, travel trailers, motorhomes, boats, or recreational vehicles
• No hazardous waste or liquids
• No roofing
• No asbestos, or special wastes
Thank you for making Yakima County a better place!