Due to COVID-19, the Planning Commission's monthly meetings will be held virtually until further notice. When social distancing restrictions are lifted and work returns to a typical schedule, this website will be updated.
About the CommissionThe Yakima County Planning Commission is a 7 member citizen body appointed by the Board of County Commissioners to make recommendations to the board on long range planning for the unincorporated areas of the county. The Planning Commission reviews and conducts public hearings on proposed changes to Yakima County's Comprehensive Plan - Horizon 2040, development regulations, and hears public testimony prior to making recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners.
Charles (Doug) Mayo, Chair, District 1 Kyle Curtis, District 2
Term expires: December 31, 2023 Term expires: December 31, 2024
Jerry Craig, District 1 Michael Shuttleworth, District 3
Term expires: December 31, 2021 Term expires: December 31, 2023
Vacant Position Jerry Mellen, District 1
Term expires: Term expires: December 31, 2021
Thomas Carroll, Planning Commission Secretary
- 5:30 p.m. - Regular Agenda Meetings
- 6:00 p.m. - Public Hearings
- The 2nd Wednesday of every month as noticed in our published legal ads.
- Meeting location may be in a physical building, or be held online due to recent social distancing requirements. The location of each meeting will be noted on each agenda.
- Physical Location: Yakima County Resource Center 2403 South 18th Street, Union Gap, WA 98903
- Online Location: Link to the meeting will be posted below for each meeting date.
- Special Meetings - As needed, and as noticed in our published legal ads.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
ou can also dial in using your phone. (872) 240-3212 Access Code: 951-754-501
More information on the SMP project can be found here: https://www.yakimacounty.us/2447/Shoreline-Master-Program-2021-Periodic-R