About the CommissionThe Yakima County Planning Commission is a 7 member citizen body appointed by the Board of County Commissioners to make recommendations to the board on long range planning for the unincorporated areas of the county. The Planning Commission reviews and conducts public hearings on proposed changes to Yakima County's Comprehensive Plan - Horizon 2040, development regulations, and hears public testimony prior to making recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners.
Thomas Carroll, Planning Commission Secretary
- 5:30 p.m. - Regular Agenda Meetings
- 6:00 p.m. - Public Hearings
- The 2nd Wednesday of every month as noticed in our published legal ads.
- Meeting location may be in a physical building, or be held online due to recent social distancing requirements. The location of each meeting will be noted on each agenda.
- Special Meetings - As needed, and as noticed in our published legal ads.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
September 13,2023 Regular Meeting (virtual)
August 9, 2023 Regular Meeting
July 12, 2023 Regular Meeting
June 14, 2020 Regular Meeting/Hearing (the hearing document is available under LRN2022-00005 at: https://www.yakimacounty.us/2603/Biennial-Amendments)
May 10, 2023 Regular Meeting/Hearing
5/10/23 hearing documents are available under their LRN numbers here: https://www.yakimacounty.us/2572/Text-Amendments
LRN21-001/SEP21-010 Naches Emergency UGA Amendment Cont. Hearing
LRN21-005 Caton-Strutner MRO - Findings of Fact And Recommendation
Biennial Map Amendments
LRN22-003/SEP22-005 (Jr. Achievement) & LRN-004/SEP22-006 (Orozco). Please click on the following link and scroll down for staff reports, application materials, and SEPA documents.
Biennial Map Amendments
LRN22-003/SEP22-005 (Jr. Achievement) & LRN-004/SEP22-006 (Orozco). Please click on the following link and scroll down for staff reports and application materials.https://www.yakimacounty.us/2603/Biennial-Amendments
LRN2019-00004/SEP2021-00040 - Hearing Examiner Text Amendments
LRN2021-00001/SEP2021-00010 - Naches Emergency UGA Amendment Cont.
LRN2019-00010 - Agritourism. For more information: https://www.yakimacounty.us/2500/Agritourism
LRN2021-00001/SEP2021-00010 - Naches Emergency UGA Amendment
- September 8, 2021 - Hearing and Meeting Minutes
- Sep 8 Hearing Agenda
- UGA_Staff Report_Naches Emergency UGA Amendment_PC Hearing_w_Attachments
- Exhibit 1_Request for Comment_Combined Neighbors Comments
- Exhibit 2_Naches UGA Letter_Capital Facilities Addendum
- Exhibit 3_Department of Commerce Comment Letter
- Exhibit 4_Department of Ecology Comment Letter
- Exhibit 5_Mills Comment
- LRN21-001 SEP21-010 Notice of Open Record Hearing and Threshold Determination
- SEP21-010 SEPA Checklist