Due to COVID-19, the Planning Commission's monthly meetings will be held virtually until further notice. When social distancing restrictions are lifted and work returns to a typical schedule, this website will be updated.
About the CommissionThe Yakima County Planning Commission is a 7 member citizen body appointed by the Board of County Commissioners to make recommendations to the board on long range planning for the unincorporated areas of the county. The Planning Commission reviews and conducts public hearings on proposed changes to Yakima County's Comprehensive Plan - Horizon 2040, development regulations, and hears public testimony prior to making recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners.
Charles (Doug) Mayo, Chair, District 1 Kyle Curtis, Vice-Chair, District 2
Term expires: December 31, 2023 Term expires: December 31, 2024
Jerry Craig, District 1 Michael Shuttleworth, District 3
Term expires: December 31, 2025 Term expires: December 31, 2023
Holly Castle, District 3 Robert Tree, District 1
Term expires: February 15, 2026 Term expires: March 22, 2026
Thomas Carroll, Planning Commission Secretary
- 5:30 p.m. - Regular Agenda Meetings
- 6:00 p.m. - Public Hearings
- The 2nd Wednesday of every month as noticed in our published legal ads.
- Meeting location may be in a physical building, or be held online due to recent social distancing requirements. The location of each meeting will be noted on each agenda.
- Physical Location: Yakima County Resource Center 2403 South 18th Street, Union Gap, WA 98903
- Online Location: Link to the meeting will be posted below for each meeting date.
- Special Meetings - As needed, and as noticed in our published legal ads.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
Biennial Map Amendments
LRN22-003/SEP22-005 (Jr. Achievement) & LRN-004/SEP22-006 (Orozco). Please click on the following link and scroll down for staff reports, application materials, and SEPA documents.
Biennial Map Amendments
LRN22-003/SEP22-005 (Jr. Achievement) & LRN-004/SEP22-006 (Orozco). Please click on the following link and scroll down for staff reports and application materials.https://www.yakimacounty.us/2603/Biennial-Amendments
LRN2019-00004/SEP2021-00040 - Hearing Examiner Text Amendments
LRN2021-00001/SEP2021-00010 - Naches Emergency UGA Amendment Cont.
LRN2019-00010 - Agritourism. For more information: https://www.yakimacounty.us/2500/Agritourism
LRN2021-00001/SEP2021-00010 - Naches Emergency UGA Amendment
- September 8, 2021 - Hearing and Meeting Minutes
- Sep 8 Hearing Agenda
- UGA_Staff Report_Naches Emergency UGA Amendment_PC Hearing_w_Attachments
- Exhibit 1_Request for Comment_Combined Neighbors Comments
- Exhibit 2_Naches UGA Letter_Capital Facilities Addendum
- Exhibit 3_Department of Commerce Comment Letter
- Exhibit 4_Department of Ecology Comment Letter
- Exhibit 5_Mills Comment
- LRN21-001 SEP21-010 Notice of Open Record Hearing and Threshold Determination
- SEP21-010 SEPA Checklist